Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Work! Phantom Troublemaker vs. Zombies!

Mrs. Troublemaker was nice enough to commission an original painting from me as a Christmas gift to her husband, the Phantom Troublemaker.  "Well what do you want?" I asked.  "It's totally up to you.  It just has to have the Phantom Troublemaker in it".  I thought about it for a few days, did a few sketches, and then the idea hit.  Once it did, I knew exactly what I was going to paint.  I was very flattered to be asked.  And once I had the idea I was excited to see it completed.  Now that Christmas is over, I can finally post it.  It was definitely one of my favorite paintings I've done in a while.  And I'm very glad to hear he likes it.  It's acrylic paint on a 16"x20" canvas.


I used myself as the model for the body and zombie hands with my wife as the photographer.  She also came up with the idea of using a graveyard as the background.  All in all I was very happy with the end result.

2 comments:

  1. Easily the best Christmas gift I've ever received. It makes me happy every time I pass it in the hall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad to hear you liked it. It's funny/nice to see it as your avatar and on your website. Definitely one of my favorite paintings.

    ReplyDelete